Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day but I usually start my day with 6-8 ounces of water and a cup of coffee. About 1-2 hours later, I drink a protein shake. Then, I have “breakfast” which might be as late as 12 to 2 PM. But, I love breakfast so much that I prefer to make some eggs rather than figure out what to eat for lunch.
This recipe is one of my favorites since I get a good amount of protein and lots of veggies. Because it makes a whole plate of food, I find it keeps me satisfied for at least 2-3 hours at which time I’m ready for a snack such as an apple and peanut butter. My friend also introduced me to these Frooze Balls which I find make a great snack! I try not to eat an entire pack at once but sometimes it’s hard since they’re so yummy!
The key to this recipe is to recognize that veggies are mostly “freebies.” You can add whatever veggies you enjoy eating or what you have on hand that you like with scrambled eggs. You might need to experiment a little. My favorite is onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, grape tomatoes, and avocado. Yes, I can eat all of that and it helps me lose weight if you can believe that! The veggies fill you up but are low in calories. It’s great! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Ultimate Veggie Scramble
- 10-inch Nonstick Pan
- 2 Large Eggs I personally prefer the taste of Omega-3 eggs because they have more flavor
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 cup Spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 tbsp Oil I use Grapeseed or Olive oil; To reduce calories, you can use non-stick spray and a little veggie broth for more moisture
- 1/4 Avocado
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat
- While the pan is heating, chop the onion, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and spinach1/4 cup Chopped Onion, 1/4 cup Chopped Green Pepper, 1/4 cup Chopped Red Pepper, 1/2 cup Chopped Mushrooms, 1 cup Spinach (roughly chopped)
- Add the oil to the pan, then the chopped veggies to the pan to saute until they are tender (about 5 minutes).1/2 tbsp Oil
- Add a few shakes of salt and pepper to your taste onto the veggies.
- While the veggies are cooking, slice the tomatoes in half and chop the avocado1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes (cut in half), 1/4 Avocado
- Put the two eggs in a bowl or cup to scramble the yolks and whites together with a fork2 Large Eggs
- Add a few more shakes of salt and pepper to your taste onto the eggs.
- When the veggies are tender, add the eggs to the pan and using a wooden spoon or plastic spatula, gently stir the eggs with the veggies until the eggs are almost cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes and avocado and continue stirring until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
2 thoughts on “Ultimate Vegetable Scrambled Eggs”
This scrambler was excellent! Once I cut up the veggies, I was eating in no time. And, while I loved it, I didn’t feel too full or uncomfortable after eating. I was satisfied! Thanks for sharing!
@Diane So glad you enjoyed it and you’re welcome!